For this lesson, we were to create an unplanned acrylic background as a foundation. Using a classical pencil drawing of a face, we were to then create a watercolor face over it.
I re-painted a background page that hadn't been used. When dry, I added a coat of clear gesso to apply the watercolor pencil on, because I didn't think they would work well directly on the acrylic. I didn't like how that worked. So, I totally took off the watercolor pencil with baby wipes (since the surface was still damp) and started over. This second effort came out much better though I can see in the photo that the right eye is somewhat mis-shapen, even though the piece still works.
I 'm going to do another one using a drawing of Shakespeare as my inspiration. We'll see how that one turns out. For the next one, I wont use the clear gesso and see how the watercolor pencils work without it.