Skip to main content

Time to Work and Almost Done!

Just finished the quilting last night, and added the cording and trimmed up the piece tonight! Only the binding remains to be added before it is technically done. It now has a name and that is "Contour Map" (after the lines of quilting that emulate the photo inspiration for this piece).


Earlier post about this piece:

It has been challenging to find the time to do creative work and be focused on that doing -- without distraction.

But I've finally had a bit of time to start working on a Fast Friday Fabric Challenge. The design idea has been lying on the floor for weeks. The photo shows the piece in progress (early on)...that has quite a ways to go. Wish me well in finishing before month's end!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Project in Progress

I'm working on a new project with multiple layers and shapes of different colored organzas.  It is an interpretation of lighting on an ice rink...from a show I recently saw.  There is a lot more stitching to do, but I like how its coming along.  I'm learning organzas are not easy to work with especially when you layer them and have overlaid edges.  The fabric also tends to ravel easily. This post also linked to  http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com .

Fine Art Restoration - video

This is an exceptional video of a fine art restoration...just beautifully done (and the music is lovely too)!
People have great ideas!  They may be friends, colleagues, artist contacts, or even strangers.  In this case, it was an artist friend who provided the genesis of this new Blurb magazine through a conversation over zoom.   The magazine contains 151 of my favorite photos taken over the years.  I'm using it in an art class where the assignment is to review the photos we are drawn to -- for the qualities that draw our notice.  Easier said than done, you may ask?  Yes, it is.   However, by looking at and thinking about why I like these photos, there are some common attributes.  They may have patterns, textures, depth, play between light and shadow, and/or an overall pleasing composition.  They all have a sense of 'quiet'.  The occasional quirky and whimsical images are always a delight, even though more rare.     In sum, the photos in the magazine (examples below) are one element of my point of view.  That is to bring unnoticed...