Sunday's effort was an exercise from Ardith Goodwin's Geometric Watercolor class that I recently downloaded (13 short videos plus pdf). I've learned that watercolor is much more challenging than I thought. Plus like most students, I haven't been using enough water to dilute the pigment.
For the class assignment, I set myself up for a lot of work with the number of geometric shapes in it as well as their positioning. There are eight different color sections radiating from the center (4 with red/pink and 4 with yellow/orange). Gradations appear in the shapes within the framed area with the light source from below and to each side.
I'm no pro at this by any means, and now I have a much greater appreciation for watercolor artists and the artistry of their work with this medium!
I haven't participated in this retreat series before. But I learned about it through an artist I follow, and she will be leading one of the sessions. The retreat starts October 17th and runs through October 23rd (2026). If you're interested in an opportunity to play artistically, here is the link for more information and where you can sign-up: https://jessicaswift.com/pages/art-oasis

Comments
Post a Comment