Skip to main content

Upping My Game - A Louder Version of Ornate Performance Venue


If you look at my last blog post, the first effort of coloring the base drawing of this room interior is very quiet by comparison with this version.  This one differs also because it has been done in a zine format.  

It started with an extra print of the line drawing (not quite 8.5"x11") that was adhered to a piece of copy paper.  The entire sheet has been colored in with Ohuhu and Languo markers.  The Ohuhus (alcohol-based markers) bled a bit when applying color while the Languos (acrylic paint markers) did not.  The orange wall art are collage bits from a cut-up painting. 

I actually love the polka dot walls, the floor color (that looks jester-like), the orange wall art, and the way the combination of so many colors works amazingly well!  A whimsical title for this zine that seems to fit is 'Psychedelic Psalon'.  Overall, I think it's rather magical and fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Project in Progress

I'm working on a new project with multiple layers and shapes of different colored organzas.  It is an interpretation of lighting on an ice rink...from a show I recently saw.  There is a lot more stitching to do, but I like how its coming along.  I'm learning organzas are not easy to work with especially when you layer them and have overlaid edges.  The fabric also tends to ravel easily. This post also linked to  http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com .

Fine Art Restoration - video

This is an exceptional video of a fine art restoration...just beautifully done (and the music is lovely too)!
People have great ideas!  They may be friends, colleagues, artist contacts, or even strangers.  In this case, it was an artist friend who provided the genesis of this new Blurb magazine through a conversation over zoom.   The magazine contains 151 of my favorite photos taken over the years.  I'm using it in an art class where the assignment is to review the photos we are drawn to -- for the qualities that draw our notice.  Easier said than done, you may ask?  Yes, it is.   However, by looking at and thinking about why I like these photos, there are some common attributes.  They may have patterns, textures, depth, play between light and shadow, and/or an overall pleasing composition.  They all have a sense of 'quiet'.  The occasional quirky and whimsical images are always a delight, even though more rare.     In sum, the photos in the magazine (examples below) are one element of my point of view.  That is to bring unnoticed...